Using device fingerprinting in the save card flow with your own form
When you are using your own form, you can create a device fingerprint while saving a card token or while running a transaction.
After you have created a fingerprint, it is automatically saved with the card token and then sent and purged with the first auth (or, after 12 hours of no use, the system automatically purges the fingerprint). Card tokens can be used to process through any MID on your account. They are not restricted to a specific merchant account or currency.
Generally, you use a device fingerprint for the first transaction with a card. Openpay requires a new device fingerprint to be created with every transaction, while it is strongly recommended for Kount. For information about device fingerprinting requirements, see the gateway-specific information for the Connections you use.
In order to take advantage of device fingerprinting, you must meet one of the following prerequisites:
- Kount must be enabled on the merchant account. If necessary, contact Integrations Support to ensure Kount is enabled on the merchant account.
- You must have a gateway that requires a device fingerprint. For example, the Openpay gateway.
In the save card flow with your own form, use a device fingerprint by following these steps:
- Complete steps 1-3 of the Creating a save card page with your own form tutorial.
You will use the
token in the next steps.
- Add the
fraudUrlfrom the response for "Create one-time-use token" to a script's
srctag on your save card web page. For example:
Adding this script to the page causes the user's device to be fingerprinted when the page loads.
Wait for the
fingerprintPostedevent from the browser before allowing the customer to submit the form. Otherwise, the device fingerprint will not be passed to the provider. To use this device fingerprint with the saved card token at a later time, save the entire
dataobject from this event.
Complete steps 4-9 of the Creating a save card page with your own form tutorial.
Alternately, you can use device fingerprinting with the following other options:
- In the save card flow with an iframe
- In the run transaction flow with an iframe (new card)
- In the run transaction flow with your own form (new card and card on file)
Updated about 2 months ago